New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms (NYCF) exists for the purpose of influencing legislation and legislators for the Lord Jesus Christ.
Founded in April 1982, NYCF has spent decades serving as a statewide lobbying organization on behalf of the Christian community. NYCF focuses its efforts on the New York State Legislature, where the organization works to achieve public policy objectives that are consistent with Biblical ethics and with the principles of the United States Constitution. NYCF’s innovative approach involves a combination of legislative advocacy and pastoral ministry to legislators and staff.
NYCF has participated in many legislative victories since its founding in 1982, including the following:
- Championing the passage of New York’s “Baby AIDS” law, which requires that newborn infants be tested for HIV;
- Keeping adultery laws on the books in New York;
- Successfully working to pass a state-level ban on child pornography;
- Winning passage of New York’s Missing Angels Act, which mandates that birth certificates be provided to parents of stillborn children;
- Preventing pro-abortion groups from obtaining a dedicated stream of taxpayer funding to conduct sex education in public schools; and
- Spearheading a statewide campaign to defeat late-term abortion expansion legislation.
NYCF is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. NYCF is headquartered in Monroe County, and maintains a consistent presence in the New York State Capitol during the legislative session. NYCF is affiliated with New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation, a nonprofit, tax-exempt educational organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms PAC, a political action committee.