As we look ahead to the month of December, New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms (NYCF) invites our brothers and sisters in Christ to lift the following prayer requests to the Lord:
- Please pray that the Lord would work mightily in the hearts of Members of the State Legislature. Pray that those who do not yet know the Lord personally would place their faith in Him and in His Son, Jesus Christ. Pray that the Members would have minds and hearts that are open to the truth of God’s Word, and would develop informed consciences that know right from wrong within the context of law and policy. Pray for wisdom and courage for our legislators, and for a willingness to listen to godly counsel;
- Pray that the schemes of our adversary would be thwarted in the New York State Capitol. Pray that attempts to enact more evil laws would be frustrated.
- We’re asking the Lord to give New York’s pastors and Christian leaders a passion for righteousness and a strong desire to see God’s will done in our halls of government.
- Please pray that the Lord would encourage New Yorkers who are (understandably) disillusioned with politics and government, and would help them to redouble their efforts to influence government in a righteous direction.
- End-of-the-year fundraising is absolutely critical to our annual budget. Pray that the Lord would stir the hearts of like-minded friends to link arms with us.
- Finally, pray that the holiday season would be a time of renewal for each member of our staff. We anticipate an active legislative session starting in January and the holidays are a wonderful time for our team to breathe before renewing the legislative fight.
Thank you for remembering these requests.