New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms, New York’s evangelical Christian advocacy organization, invites our sisters and brothers in Christ to lift the following requests in prayer during the month of August:
- That the Lord would give a special measure of wisdom and insight to leaders in all spheres of our society—including President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, members of Congress, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, members of the State Legislature, other state and local government officials, school administrators, school board members, pastors, elders, hospital administrators, nursing home administrators, and group home administrators—as they continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. That the Lord would guide these leaders as they make difficult decisions about whether, when, and how to move toward re-opening our society;
- That the Lord would intervene to protect New Yorkers, all Americans, and people across the world from COVID-19. That God would provide a cure and a vaccine against this deadly virus and heal those who currently suffer from it;
- That the Lord would restore peace to our nation’s cities; provide government officials and police with wisdom and compassion; and bring about racial reconciliation in our land;
- That the Lord would guide NYCF and our affiliate organization, New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation, as we make decisions about fall events and prepare our general election voter guide;
- That the Lord would bless the upcoming fall elections and help voters to make godly choices; and
- That the Lord would help families that have been quarantined in close proximity to each other to exhibit love and patience during the pandemic.