As we look ahead to January 2019, it is quite possible that New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms has never needed prayer as urgently as we do now.
To put it simply, the dramatic power shift in the New York State Senate that occurred on Election Day means that the many legislative victories with which the Lord has blessed our organization—in particular, our success in preventing the Bathroom Bill and abortion expansion from becoming law for the past ten years—are in immediate jeopardy. Senate Democratic Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins, other Democratic Senate incumbents, and the newly-elected downstate Democrats (many of whom are radical leftists) passionately support the very things that our Christian faith impels us to strongly oppose.
With this sobering reality in mind, NYCF asks our friends and supporters to pray as follows:
• Please pray that the eyes of Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Leader Stewart-Cousins, Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, and other Members of the Legislature would be opened. Pray for their salvation. Pray that the Lord would give them hearts of love and mercy toward the unborn. Pray that the rhetoric of the LGBT movement would be revealed as a lie.
• Please pray for the State of New York. Our government is, in many ways, a reflection of who we are. Pray for revival. Pray for New Yorkers to know and love Christ, and to have changed hearts and minds as a result.
• Please pray that God would give us divine appointments with Members of the Legislature, staffers, and the media. Pray that the hearts of those who have made up their minds on important issues would be softened, and that they would be willing to listen to a Christian perspective.
• Please pray that God would raise up believers who have a passion for life, family, and liberty, and who desire to act upon that passion by influencing legislators.
• Please pray for wisdom and encouragement for NYCF’s staff and allies as we prepare for this challenging season.