Albany, NY – New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms (NYCF), the statewide organization that educates and activates evangelical Christians regarding matters of public policy, will hold its annual Legislative Day on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Legislative Day 2019 will take place at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The event will be held in conjunction with NYCF’s affiliated educational organization, New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation. Jason J. McGuire, Executive Director of New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms (NYCF), made the following remarks:
“New York has entered a new season of governmental authority. Political power resides with those who do not share our values, and it’s reflected in the tragic turn our state is taking. By approving legislation like late-term abortion expansion, Gov. Andrew Cuomo and his allies have launched an all-out assault on the beliefs held by evangelical Christians and other socially-conservative New Yorkers.”
“With objectionable proposals like paid surrogacy, legalizing prostitution and recreational marijuana under consideration, it is clear that too many Albany politicians intend to continue aggressively imposing their morally bankrupt agenda on the Empire State. In this new season, it is crucial that Christian voters provide a robust and effective voice of opposition.”
The organization has pre-registered nearly 1,200 and is expecting many additional walk-in registrants as well.
As usual, Legislative Day will feature a roster of dynamic speakers addressing timely cultural and public policy issues. This year’s speakers include:
- Abortion survivor Gianna Jessen, speaking on respect for human life;
- Walt Heyer of SexChangeRegret.com, speaking on gender identity;
- Stephanie Woodward of the Center for Disability Rights, speaking on physician-assisted suicide; and
- Garth Van Meter of Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM), speaking on recreational marijuana.
- Attendees will also hear from various elected officials, including Sens. Pat Gallivan, Daphne Jordan, and Rob Ortt and Asm. Andy Goodell.
Please visit LegDay.NewYorkFamilies.org for more event information. Legislators and members of the media are welcome; members of the media are required to present press credentials or obtain event identification badges.