A coalition of national-level and state-level organizations, including ours, recently unveiled an important new initiative called the Promise to America’s Children.
The Promise to America’s Children is “a national movement of parents and lawmakers to oppose legislation that harms children, like the Equality Act, and to create and support laws that will protect children’s health, safety, and families.”
The Promise to America’s Children is badly needed during this season. President Joe Biden supports the passage of the so-called Equality Act, which would impose the left’s sexual and gender confusion upon the nation’s schools, businesses and public spaces. The bill was introduced in the House of Representatives on February 18, 2021, and the House is expected to vote on it during the week of February 22.
The policy agenda of the Promise to America’s Children includes:
- Opposition to the Equality Act;
- Protecting children from exposure to, or participation in, pornography;
- Ensuring that parents may opt their children out of instruction that includes graphic sexual content or “politicized ideas about sexual orientation and gender identity”;
- The availability of appropriate counseling for kids that does not steer them toward homosexual behavior or gender confusion;
- Privacy and safety in school locker rooms, showers, and restrooms;
- Safe and fair athletic contests in which male students that identify as “transgender” are not allowed to infiltrate girls’ sports;
- Protection against puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and “gender affirmation” surgeries for minors;
- Religious freedom for child welfare agencies, including the freedom to place children only in homes with married mothers and fathers; and
- Parental involvement in major decisions affecting their children’s lives.
The Promise to America’s Children is led by Heritage Foundation, Family Policy Alliance, and Alliance Defending Freedom, as well as other groups concerned about children, families, and religious liberty. New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation is honored to be a state partner.
Please do your part to promote the Promise to America’s Children. You can do this in one of five ways.
- Please post this commentary on social media.
- Please click here to e-mail your United States Senators and member of Congress and ask them to vote against the Equality Act.
- If you are a parent, please click here to sign the Promise to America’s Children.
- If you are an elected official, please click here to sign the Promise to America’s Children.
- Please pray for the success of the Promise to America’s Children, and against the passage of the Equality Act.